Tuesday, May 1, 2007

What I want to get out of writing

I have really enjoyed taking this class. I think that I have learned a lot about my writing. This is the first writing class I have taken besides composition classes and I have learned a lot. I am going to continue writing and have gotten a lot out of takeing this class. In the future I am definatly going to keep a journal. It would be nice to have something published evenutally, but for now I am just going to write drafts in a journal. At one point when I have found something that I want to share I am going to make a personal essay out of it and submit it to be published. This class was so helpful because I was able to learn about different types of writing and different genres. I think it was a big help that we had to publish something in the end because it gave me confidence to actaully try to get something published for the first time. One major part of this class that I am gong to take with me is my draft writing skills. I found that I write better by discussing my ideas with someone else. Getting my ideas into words spoken out loud allowed me to hear what I was writing about or thinking about writing about, and then I was able to generat new idea. I am definalty going to keep on writing, hopefully to get something published some time in the future.

1 comment:

S. Chandler said...

I am glad that you are going to keep writing and I think writing a journal with drafts and ideas will be just right for you. I really enjoyed reading your work - and I imagine there are other readers who would feel the same time - so. . . .